Monday, May 14, 2012

Glory-hunters begin checking family tree for tenuous links to Man City

After Manchester City clinched the Premier League title on a dramatic last day of the season, fans of supporting whichever club is winning have begun looking for ways to justify their temporary unconditional love for the new champions.

29 year-old Gideon St Clare, who revealed that his cousin saw Oasis at Glasgow’s King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut before they were famous, told us that he couldn’t wait for next season to start.

GIDEON ST CLARE, A STOCKBROKER FROM CHEAM

“I’m definitely pumped up for it ….I mean 'pumped up', .... geddit ?,” he enthused.

“I’ve been a Man City fan since my dad took a piss next to Eddie Large at Stafford services in 1997.”

“I’m City till I die depending on where they are in the league around Christmas time.”

" If we buy Ronaldo, Messi, Falco, Rooney, Robert de Percie and Edwin Hazard next week, we would have a great chance in the Euros ...... and we might even get out of the group stages in the Champions League next season."

Manchester City Champions

Amongst other fans who have mysteriously started referring to their siblings as ‘our kid’ is 34 year-old Darren Willowby  from Exeter.

MC DARREN aka D PUPPY PUP

“What a great day it’s been for not having to go through the misery of supporting your local club,” he said.

“I reckon I’ll be supporting Man City for a long time, I've even bought a City scarf an' all.”

“Having said that, I’ll be making a final decision on where my loyalties lie after the Chelsea v Bayern Munich Champion’s League final next weekend.”

No comments: