Thursday, August 29, 2013

ETO'O SIGNS

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Samuel Eto'o from Anzhi Makhachkala.

The 32-year-old has signed a one-year contract and on finalising the transfer he said: 'I am very happy to be here but also anxious because I want to get playing as soon as possible. 'It wasn't a hard decision. I saw the qualities Chelsea have, and I was very happy with Jose Mourinho before, so when the opportunity came, I was very happy to take it.'


The 32-year-old Eto’o will reportedly be taking a £10m pay cut from his £17m per year salary with Anzhi to reunite with former manager Jose Mourinho at Chelsea. However, the Russian side are believed to have given him a £1m lump sum pay-off to get him off their wage bill.

Eto’o won the treble under Mourinho at Internazionale in 2010, and has spoken of his desire to play under Mourinho during the summer. “There is only one Jose Mourinho,” Eto’o had said. “I have played under a lot of great coaches but there is no other character in the game like Jose.”



No comments: