Friday, November 13, 2009

WHAT DID YOU SEE ?


I have to say that I have been drawn in by ABC's FLASH FORWARD TV series [ Based on the novel "FlashForward" by Robert J. Sawyer, published in 2000 by 'Tor Books,' and which differs from the series plot, where the world's given a glimpse at their lives 21-years into the future.] , in the TV series , the entire population of the world get a glimpse of their future at a certain time 6 months in the future , everyones " Flash Forward " is 137 secs in duration and we only see snippits of the flash's . The investigation centres on finding out what happened to cause this event and find out if the outcome is a foregone conclussion or if the future can be altered , my hope is that it doesn't turn into another LOST and by that I mean that I hope it does not go on and on and on to the point that I lose all interest in the outcome .
So far I'm up to ep 7 and it still has me hooked . I do understand that there is a formula in American TV right now where timelines/flashbacks have become crutial to plot lines , but I prefer a more linier format myself and this contantly going back in time to drive the plot forward can be rather repetitive . It is quite clever in this case then to have a flashback [137 secs] as the actual plotline , and the difference between watching a Flash Forward and the normal timeline is made quite clear so there is no confusion .
While I know that the 1st series will consist of 25 episodes . I do hope it is a self-contained story with full disclosure at the end .

I will not be playing the online game that accompanies the series ..... I do have a life .



(I enjoyed " The Lost Room " very much and appreciated the fact that it was fast and furious at only 3 episodes in all [ The Key and The Clock , The Comb and The Box , The Eye and The Occupant ] , I understand that it was called Series 1 but so far Series 2 seems to be a faraway dream and anyway , Series 1 was in itself a self-contained story .) I didn't play its online game either .



I do like this guy though -->

.... I believe there is something important in his pouch .

No comments: