Thursday, December 23, 2010

ANDY GREY ADDS TO HIS QUOTE-A-RAMA

There’s been a small furor since Monday, when Andy Gray opened his mouth and…well, that’s it – that’s all he really needs to do. I’m convinced he’s one of football commentary’s three most blinding idiots, and the sentiment that Barcelona couldn’t hack it in the Premiership does nothing to alter that stance for the good.


First off, this is what has caused the world to band together and proclaim Gray a buffoon on the level of Souness.

When asked by co-presenter Richard Keys whether he felt Messi and Real Madrid rival Cristiano Ronaldo would be capable of scoring so prolifically in England, Gray stated his belief that the Argentine would “struggle in a cold night at the Britiannia Stadium”, referring to the home of top-flight side Stoke City. He added that “Barcelona would struggle in the EPL as they’ve never played the likes of Stoke.”


Some of Andy’s finest:

“I was in Moldova airport and I went into the duty-free shop – and there wasn’t a duty-free shop.”

“I watched the game, and I saw an awful lot of it.”

“It’s one of the greatest goals ever, but I’m surprised that people are talking about it being the goal of the season.”

“I was saying the other day, how often the most vulnerable area for goalies is between their legs.”

“People say footballers have terrible taste in music but I would dispute that. In the car at the moment I’ve got The Corrs, Cher, Phil Collins, Shania Twain and Rod Stewart.”

“All footballers who take recreational drugs should be hammered.”

“There are a lot of tired legs wearing Tottenham shirts.”

“For my money, Duff servicing people from the left with his balls in there is the best option.”

The man’s no Ray Hudson.

No comments: