Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Man United set to recall Howard Webb for crucial Chelsea clash

Manchester United are rumoured to be considering the recall of referee Howard Webb to their starting twelve for the crucial Premier League title clash against closest rivals Chelsea.

The club are considering the change after referee Chris Foy failed to award the league leaders a penalty for something or other in Sunday’s game against Arsenal.

“We’ll be looking at dropping Chris Foy for the Chelsea game,” revealed Man United boss Sir Alex Ferguson.


“He did well to ignore Nemanja Vidic’s handball, but his failure to award us a controversial penalty in the 15th minute of stoppage time has cost us dear, but that’s something we can work on in training.”

“In the really big games you need a referee that can keep a cool head and reduce the opposing team to 10 men for the most innocuous of challenges, and there’s no-one better at that than Webby.”

Webb set for Man Utd recall

The Champions League finalists’ talismanic referee has revealed he will be ready to perform whenever he’s called upon.

Webb told reporters, “Obviously it’s down to the gaffer, but I’ll keep my head down and try my hardest and hopefully he’ll give me the nod.”

“If I do get the shirt for the game then one thing I can promise Man United fans is that I’ll give 100%.”

“That and a penalty in the 95th minute.”

No comments: