Saturday, August 13, 2011

IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING


'I asked for Nasri two months ago but I don't have him' - Roberto Mancini

Yea, that's the problem .. they only have 9 midfielders !!

Roberto Mancini has renewed his criticisms of the Manchester City board, describing himself as "worried" going into the new season because of the club's inability to conclude their transfer business earlier in the summer.

Samir Nasri's proposed transfer from Arsenal would once again establish City as the biggest transfer-window spenders in English football, with a net spend in excess of £60m. Mancini, however, is becoming increasingly impatient with the length of time it is taking for his squad to be completed.

The Italian had expected Nasri to be confirmed before Friday's registration point to play against Swansea on Monday, and he still wants at least one more signing. "Last year was the same too," he said. "I don't understand this. I thought we could get all the players we needed three or four weeks ago. But here we are and the deals aren't closed.

"We need this player [Nasri]. I asked for this player two months ago. I'm worried because I don't have this player today and I probably won't have him tomorrow. We play three games in August and I am worried."

The Nasri deal has been held up because the clubs are arguing about the structure of the payments for a deal that would cost City in the region of £23m and a reported £185k pw.

Expect an ' I've always dreamed of playing for Manchester City ' type comment from the Samir Nasri camp soon.

No comments: